• Many elders reported the desire to have more libraries in which they could engage more with the youth.
• They also described the need to put more effort to communicate with the youth and come together as a whole and engage in different activities.
• In general, have more intergenerational activities
• Many also expressed the idea to have a community in which all ages can come together and have an input about with is happening in their communities.
• Several elders expressed that when their health services are taken away they feel as if they are not valued, therefor work harder in order to prevent this from happening.
• Have different places (hospitals) to offer different types of surgeries that are not only covered but are not limited through their health insurance.
• Another idea was to have RESEARCH in nursing homes because that is where a lot of elders are at
o The idea is to give in order to receive
o Knowledge is power!
• More shuttles to take people from apartments to places such as grocery stores
• In general, have more transportation
• Possible transportation needs a lot of improvement
o Many said it was easy to get around Hillcrest with busses but for example getting to the other
side of San Diego can be very difficult because its one bus after another and another
• Uber/lyft can be expensive o Not only expensive but as of today technology is so advanced that several elders do not know how to use their phones to get an uber/lyft
• Having more housing for homeless
o Several of the elders described that the Alpha Project was suppose to help with homelessness
but the program has done NOTHING to help with this problem.
o Therefor the Alpha Project needs to be improved
• More affordable housing
o There have been new apartments in Hillcrest for LGBT community that are affordable but it was
o Other affordable housing have long wait list
• More places for seniors to rest
o Living or resting in the streets is horrible
• Senior housing is sometimes to far from certain locations or community places.
• Many elders expressed that they would like to have more intergenerational events like the one we had with them.
• It is important to have the youth communicate with not only elders but all age ranges
• Some elders are isolated from the youths at places like nursing homes therefor it is important to have youth go into places like that because a lot of them appreciate it o Elders do NOT always want to be isolated
• Diversity, intergeneration, and open communication is key